Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love western food but I would always treasure my mums food. The best Asian food in the WORLD! Hope u guys like this!
- 1 roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste, and
- cardamom, ground together
- 6 curry leaves
- 1⁄2 onion
- 4 green chili peppers
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Cut the chicken into portions, as desired. Marinade with salt and a whole lemon. Set aside for about 1/2 hour.
- Put about 10 tbsp of Oil into a deep pot and allow it to heat. Add the fenugreek, curry leaves, the garlic, ginger and cardamom mixture, green chilie, rampa and onion. Stir for about 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes.
- When the ingredients are a golden brown colour, start adding the spices, starting with: Chilie powder then followed by Masala, Turmeric and Curry powder. Stir well.
- When the mixture is almost a shade of dark red, put the chicken in, including the marinade.
- Raise the fire to let the curry boil. Add about 1/4 cup of water if necessary (or if you want more curry). Lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.