Recipe by Doxie lover in the Rock 2
Mom made this the other day and it rocked. It creates a ball and chain to the kitchen for awhile, but you could prepare some of this the day before and cut on the time. I like the parmesan mix with asiago, but you can use just plain old parmesan if you want.
Top Review by im1tlynn1
Thanks for this recipe! My daughter loves Alfredo sauce, and this was a real hit with her. With still half the recipe left she is telling me that I HAVE to make that for her more often. Kudos to you! She is a very picky eater!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3⁄4 quart heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (optional)
- 1 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the chicken breast in pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper on while browning. Set on plate to cool when pink is gone. When cool, slice thinly and set aside.
- Start a big pot water to boil pasta and cook as directed. Set aside.
- Saute the garlic in one teaspoon olive oil until just brown. Then add shrimp and butter and cook until shrimp starts to turn pink, just a few minutes.
- Add heavy cream, stirring constantly, and then slowly add the cheese until it all starts to thicken. Be careful to remove pan from heat when desired consistency is reached, then add chicken and sundried tomatoes and serve over pasta.