Doxie lover in the Rock 2's Note:
Mom made this the other day and it rocked. It creates a ball and chain to the kitchen for awhile, but you could prepare some of this the day before and cut on the time. I like the parmesan mix with asiago, but you can use just plain old parmesan if you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the chicken breast in pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper on while browning. Set on plate to cool when pink is gone. When cool, slice thinly and set aside.
- 2Start a big pot water to boil pasta and cook as directed. Set aside.
- 3Saute the garlic in one teaspoon olive oil until just brown. Then add shrimp and butter and cook until shrimp starts to turn pink, just a few minutes.
- 4Add heavy cream, stirring constantly, and then slowly add the cheese until it all starts to thicken. Be careful to remove pan from heat when desired consistency is reached, then add chicken and sundried tomatoes and serve over pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo from Scratch
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1832.7
- Calories from Fat 1142
- Total Fat 126.9 g
- Saturated Fat 69.2 g
- Cholesterol 565.0 mg
- Sodium 2047.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 77.5 g