Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe was a prerequisite to marrying my husband. I had to be able to make this exactly like my mother in law, or my John could not marry me. It is absolutely delicious and probably takes a year off my life every time I eat it, lol. For real though you have to try this, you will love it! You make the rice separately and can use any kind you like.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prep your 13x9 casserole dish with foil and spray.
- Rinse the dried beef slices under cold water and ring dry. Line the bottom of your dish with your slices.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and arrange in the dish on top of the beef slices. Place remaining slices on top of the chicken.
- In a seperate bowl mix together cream of mushroom soup with the cream cheese. If this looks a little too thick for your taste add a dash of milk. Only a little at a time though, you don't want it runny. If you have trouble getting the cream cheese to break up all the way put it in the microwave for 30 second intervals until everything creams together smoothly.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken, making sure its even. It is actually very important that it is even --
- Cover with foil and bake for two hours. It seems long but if you get impatient you can tell the difference. 2 Hours makes this perfectly creamy and the chicken moist.
- Serve this over hot white rice and enjoy!