Recipe by Miss Annie
Pickled eggs are a great dish served at tailgate parties, family reunions, picnics, or office potluck. These make good food gifts too. The cook time is an approximate time for the canning process.
- 12 eggs
- 1 quart vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon allspice berry
- 1 -3 slice fresh gingerroot
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water.
- When water begins to boil, remove from heat and cover.
- Let eggs sit in hot water for 18 minutes.
- Cool in cold water and peel.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, allspice and sliced ginger.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place eggs in sterilized jars.
- Pour vinegar mixture over eggs.
- (You may strain vinegar, if desired.) Seal and place jars in preserving pan with rack.
- Water should cover jars with at least 1-inch of water above tops of jars.
- Bring water to a boil; cover and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and cool.
- Check seals.
- Store about one month before opening.