1/1 Photo of Mama's Best Pickled Eggs
Miss Annie's Note:
Pickled eggs are a great dish served at tailgate parties, family reunions, picnics, or office potluck. These make good food gifts too. The cook time is an approximate time for the canning process.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water.
- 2When water begins to boil, remove from heat and cover.
- 3Let eggs sit in hot water for 18 minutes.
- 4Cool in cold water and peel.
- 5In a saucepan, combine vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, allspice and sliced ginger.
- 6Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Place eggs in sterilized jars.
- 8Pour vinegar mixture over eggs.
- 9(You may strain vinegar, if desired.) Seal and place jars in preserving pan with rack.
- 10Water should cover jars with at least 1-inch of water above tops of jars.
- 11Bring water to a boil; cover and boil for 10 minutes.
- 12Remove jars and cool.
- 13Check seals.
- 14Store about one month before opening.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Best Pickled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (1572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: