1/11 Photos of Mama's Best Macaroni and Cheese
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
My kids say this is better than 'the blues' and gobble it up, even when I toss in a handful of cooked veggies like broccoli, peas, carrots, etc.... Make it a one dish meal with some tuna, cooked ham, etc... It is just as easy as the 'blue box' at least I think so and it is much healthier!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a roux by melting butter in pan and adding flour. Stir constantly and cook until it is the color of caramel candy. It burns easily so stir stir stir!
- 2Slowly and carefully add milk while stirring.
- 3When milk starts to steam add cheese and seasonings and stir until melted and well combined.
- 4Pour over cooked macaroni noodles and serve.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Best Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 269.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.9 g