Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so simple but so good! My mom made this when I was growing up, and it was one of the first recipes I called her for after I left home.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (more or less to taste)
- brown ground beef and drain.
- sautee onions, mushrooms, & garlic.
- add meat to onion/mushroom/garlic mixture.
- add can mushroom soup.
- simmer 20 minutes. While meat mixture is simmering, begin cooking rice according to package instructions. Any rice (white, brown, wild, etc.) may be used.
- mix in sour cream.
- simmer until heated through.
- serve meat mixture over rice.