Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
When my kids were little that's what they called this. When the week was long and the money short, this made a little meat go a long way. I served this with garlic bread. This looks like it takes a long time to make, but it's really easy. I had to guess on the times, so if you try this please let me know how long it takes and i'll adjust it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups small shell pasta (or chef's choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups of plain pasta sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, on medium heat brown ground beef in large skillet.
- Add onions, peppers, celery, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, stirring until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in pasta sauce; add pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle cheese over top; cover with lid and let cheese melt.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes then serve and enjoy.
This made for a good quick weeknight meal. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the celery or green pepper.
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game and what an easy and tasty dish! I followed the instructions except for using fresh garlic instead of the powder. With a good pasta sauce it made for a wonderful dish. Served with Parmesan Zucchini Spears #122893 and a green salad. Thank you for submitting the recipe.
This was great and very easy to make. I left out the celery & green peppers but otherwise kept to the recipe.