Recipe by mrs_kmiller
My son loves helping make this banana bread! It is an easy recipe with some healthy options and fun alternatives. It never lasts more then a week in my house!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole grain wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 1 bread pan, pour cinnamon sugar in pan and use to "flour" sides and bottom. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas and add eggs and butter (softened), mix well.
- Add everything but the optional ingredients and mix well.
- Add the options if you would like and mix gently.
- Pour into pan and cook for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.