Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nicely scaled down dish for two, can be scaled up too. Using angel hair pasta makes the "crust" special. From TOH. It also freezes well before baking
- 3 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 lb pork sausage (bulk, or turkey)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- In a small bowl combine the pasta, egg and parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 7 inch pie plate or shallow 2 cup round baking dish coated with non stick spray. Set aside.
- Crumble sausage into a small skillet, add onion. Cook until no longer pink, drain. Stir in tomato sauce, sour cream and italian seasoning. Spoon into crust.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella, bake until cheese melts and serve immediately.
Tripled the recipe. Loved it!
Doubled this recipe and glad I did as I enjoyed the leftovers the next day!!! Instead of using sausage, used some turkey pepperoni I had in the fridge. Also used pizza sauce instead of tomato sauce (no tomato sauce in the house??!!). Used low-fat sour cream. Thanks Marramamba! :)
Delicious and quick to prepare. I made this for two, and used MarraMamba's The Simplest Tomato Sauce Ever (Marcella Hazan) 273976. I used chicken and chives sausages, a recent great find from my local butcher. I used low-fat sour cream, but regular cheeses. As long as you're confident about your key ingredients - the sauce and sausage - then you'll love this dish. The only change I made was to add 3 cloves of chopped garlic to the chopped onion. The "crust" was great! Next time I'm making this at a weekend so that I can make a larger quantity in 2 servings lots to add to the freezer. Thanks for sharing this recipe, MarraMamba: we loved it! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.