1/2 Photos of Mama's Amazing Pot Roast (Crock Pot)
10 hrs 20 mins
My mother's incredible pot roast with a flavor loved by everyone in the family - even our 1 1/2 year old!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless chuck roast (also called pot roast)
- olive oil, to coat
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 -5 medium carrots, sliced in 2-inch segments
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, drained (leave a little liquid behind)
- 10 1/2 ounces beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 cups cooked white rice, buttered
- 1Coat the pot roast with olive oil and a few shakes of Worcestershire. Season generously with Montreal Steak Seasoning. You can marinate overnight or use immediately.
- 2Place half the cut vegetables (onion, celery, carrots and potatoes) on the bottom of the crock pot, and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place the pot roast on top of the vegetables.
- 4Place the remaining vegetables on top of the pot roast, and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Pour the can of tomatoes and the can of beef broth evenly over the ingredients. Season one last time with salt and pepper.
- 6Crock on low all day (10 hours) or change time/temp to suit your needs. An hour before dinner, make a mixture of cornstarch and water (equal parts) and add to crock pot to thicken the liquid.
- 7Serve over hot buttered rice.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Amazing Pot Roast (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.1
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 500.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 28.5 g