1/5 Photos of Maman's Super Black Bean Casserole
food girl II's Note:
My mom makes this great black bean casserole. I have always loved it, and now it's on my husband's top 10 list of favorite foods!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic (or more if you like)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans
- 3 tortillas, cut to fit into casserole dish
- grated cheddar cheese or soy cheddar cheese, to taste
- chopped green onion (optional)
- chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1nota:diced tomatoes and chili powder can be replaced with an equivalent amount of salsa.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3In a large fry pan, heat oil and fry the onions, garlic, and celery until tender and onions translucent.
- 4Add tomatoes/salsa and spices, and heat through.
- 5Add black beans.
- 6Spoon a quarter of the mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- 7Add a tortilla.
- 8Spoon another quarter of the mixture over the tortilla and spread to cover.
- 9Add a third of the grated cheese.
- 10Continue in this way until all the ingredients have been used up.
- 11Place casserole in the oven and heat for 20 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- 12Sprinkle green onion and green pepper over the dish (if desired) and serve.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maman's Super Black Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 352.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 14.4 g