1 hr 20 mins
Moderately spicy and very flavorful. Contrast the sweetness and pop of corn kernels with the black beans, and the fragrant chill of fresh cilantro with the flowing warmth of bell and green chili peppers. Very easy and fast to make. If you want to use a crockpot, please do brown the meat (gives wonderful flavor) before putting into a crockpot on low for four hours. You can substitute chicken for the beef if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb stewing beef (or chopped or shredded chicken)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced Rotel Tomatoes (Rotel or Mexican style preferred)
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 0.333 (4 1/16 ounce) can diced green chilies (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and black pepper, ta3te
- 1Comine cornstarch and water in small bowl into smooth liquid paste.
- 2Brown stew beef quickly with diced onion. You want to just brown the surface of the beef cubes, not cook it through.
- 3Add all ingredients except cilantro into a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce hit to a simmer, and simmer for an hour.
- 4Add cilantro just before serving.
- 5Serve over crushed corn or taco chips, or garnish with same.
- 6Serve with sour cream, too, if you wish.
- 7Goes great with a nice Mexican beer, and you can use the lime with the beer!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mamam's Enchilada Stew With Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.4
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 2204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 34.0 g