Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from a local Italian restaurant.
- 3 1⁄4 cups dry bow tie pasta
- 3 cups water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 (7 ounce) container pesto sauce
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, finely trimmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini or 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- Combine pasta, water and bouillon in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender and broth has reduced to about 1/2 cup; do not drain. Reduce heat to low; add pesto.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce has reduced slightly. Stir in tomatoes, broccoli and beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese before serving. Season with ground black pepper, if desired.