Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a local Italian restaurant.
- heavy-duty aluminum foil, as needed
- nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- peel from 1 lemon, grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 (7 ounce) container pesto sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups thin asparagus, trimmed into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow squash or 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced horizontally into 1/4 inch half-moons
- 5 (5 ounce) white fish fillets, 1 inch thick (such as wild halibut, red snapper, orange roughy or talapia)
- course salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange five 12 x 13-inch pieces of foil on work surface; coat lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Stir lemon peel into pesto. Divide asparagus and squash evenly down center of each foil sheet; spoon 1 tablespoon pesto mixture over vegetables.
- Place one fish fillet over pesto vegetables; sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Spread each fish fillet with 1 tablespoon pesto mixture.
- Top each fish fillet evenly with tomato halves and green onion. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Bring up foil sides; double fold top and ends to seal each packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Place on 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is just opaque in center and vegetables are crisp-tender. Carefully open packets, allowing steam to escape away from you and let cool briefly. Using a spatula, gently push the fish and vegetables onto plate.
- Optional: Fish Packets are also great on the grill! Preheat grill to medium. Place packets on grill; cover and cook over indirect heat for 20 minutes or until fish is opaque in center and vegetables are crisp tender. Remove from grill and open carefully.