Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from a local Italian restaurant where it is one of the specialties of the house.
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted with
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (that the garlic was roasted in)
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces bucatini pasta
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, thin sliced
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, thin sliced
- 1⁄4 cup nicoise olive, thin sliced
- 4 ounces flank steaks, thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place garlic cloves in a small pan. Add 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and evenly coat each clove. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. Reserve olive oil.
- When ready to continue, cook pasta.
- Sauté the tomatoes, olives, flank steak, onion and garlic in olive oil on medium high heat until the onions begin to crisp.
- When pasta is done, drain and then add to the saute. Add salt, pepper, rosemary and parsley leaves.
- Toss. Stir to make sure that the ingredients have combined and that the pasta is just about to get a little tan from cooking.