1/1 Photo of Mama Vi's Spinach Salad With Curry and Chutney Dressing
My mother took an East Indian cooking class at our local college. When I was a teen she tried out the recipes she liked on us kids. I remember this salad being a favorite of ours. How authentically East Indian it is, I don't know, but it is good and I haven't seen any just like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make salad dressing with first seven ingredients, blending to make the salad dressing in a food processor. Set dressing aside, cover and chill in the refrigerator for later use.
- 2Prepare the vegetables by tearing the fresh spinach leaves into bite sized pieces.
- 3Dice the apple into bite size pieces.
- 4Dice the green onions.
- 5Measure out raisins and peanuts.
- 6In a large salad serving bowl, place torn fresh spinach (on bottom), apple bits, raisins, peanuts and diced green onion.
- 7Dress the salad veggies pouring over them the desired amount of dressing you find appropriate to start with, and lightly toss to coat the salad.
- 8Serve immediately. Salad wilts and gets soggy if not eaten right away, when prepared.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama Vi's Spinach Salad With Curry and Chutney Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.2
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 420.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar