A family heirloom favorite. Fairly easy to make and very tasty stuffed tomato dish that makes a great dinner entrée.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Choose 12 firm, not over ripe, tomatoes and cut tops off and scoop out centers. Dice tomato pulp once scooped out.
- 2Either make your own bread crumbs from the bread listed in ingredient list, or just use commercial bread crumbs, enough to thicken the veggie-cheese-bacon-tomato pulp mixture.
- 4Combine diced onion, bell pepper, celery, grated cheese and fried diced bacon to the roughly diced tomato pulp and bread crumbs.
- 5Season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- 6Spoon the resulting tomato stuffing mixture
- 7back into tomato shells.
- 8Put into oven and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour,or until tomatoes are well baked and top is golden.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama Vi’s Baked, Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 316.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g