Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 45 mins
You can do it better than his mother meatloaf.
Make and share this Mama Vaun's Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 roasted garlic heads
- 1 1⁄2 roasted red onions
- 1 roasted green pepper
- 4 chicken livers, mashed (baby food style)
- ground beef (coarse, chili-style)
- ground veal (pick all or just one) or ground pork (pick all or just one) or ground turkey (pick all or just one)
- 2 eggs
- oyster sauce (Asian Section of Supermarket, Great Stuff!)
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2 ounce) package Lipton Beef and Onion Soup mix
- salt and pepper (heavy on the p)
- fresh thyme (& or or any other spice you like)
- 2 dried bay leaves, crushed
- 2 carrots, shredded (large)
- mushroom, chopped small (dry or fresh)
- Ok, I don't measure, I only cook.
- Review the recipe closely and you can figure how much of what for yourself.
- First Step, make your self a little drink (your favorite wine or vodka & cranberry w/ crushed ice, whatever), light up a cigarette (optional), turn on the radio, drink 1/3 of drink before food prep.
- Roast Garlic, onion& pepper. Cool. Chop up small.
- Mix everything together.
- Mold, cover and place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Bake 300F degrees until done 1 1/4-3/4 hours . Cover for half of the cooking time.
- Problems in paradise. Send your loved one to work with a meatloaf sandwich on potato bread w/ a little mayo (an aphrodisiac), remember the extras; candy bar, napkins, fruit juice, fruit, carrot sticks, chips, love note promising mad, passionate lovemaking at the end of the day, granola bar, small salad, a mint, cookies, what ever she/he likes, et cetera. Prepare as if she/he paid $8.50 for it. Works like a charm.
Dear Bill, did you try my recipe or do you just sit high on your elitist perch passing judgment on the masses? Apparently, extensive inbreeding has left you not only unpleasant but also simple. I will edit my recipe a little for your benefit. This time, please give it a try before branding me. Also get it right; I am arrogant and incredibly beautiful.
Mama Vaun, I haven't tried this recipe, but want to say that this is the most enjoyable and engaging recipe i've ever read, here or elsewhere. thanks for the yummy-sounding recipe and seemingly sound advice. who knew meatloaf could be this sexy? :-)cheers, milla
Oh Mama Vaun!! You really convinced me with the part about the aphrodisiac and I was determined to make this recipe. I did exactly what you said to do and made myself the concoction in #3(except I substituted a gin martini..hehe) That is as far as I got! I'll have to try it again, real soon(when the headache wears off). I can't wait! I just hope I can get past what you say is the first step. We will need a "12 step" program for "meatloaf". Whatever some of the other reviews have said I must say that I loved the recipe. It made my day. In my present condition, after the first step, Bill's perch would be a very precarious place to be. Glad I'm not Bill!! Thanks again for the fun.. Keep 'em coming.