Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- For filling:.
- For streusel filling, combine all ingredients and set aside. Blend glaze ingredients and set aside.
- For cake:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water, sugar and flour in a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes with electric mixer. Pour 1/2 of batter into a greased 13 by 9-inch pan. Sprinkle streusel filling on top and swirl the filing. Spoon remaining batter evenly over filling. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes invert onto serving plate, cool completely.
- For glaze:.
- Combine sugar, milk and lemon juice in bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
This version of this cake is so much like the one my mother used to make and it continues to be one of my most requested cakes for potlucks, family gatherings and bake sales. I always keep the ingredients on hand for this cake, and it's alway's a welcome and comforting treat. I bake it in a 9"x13" pan. My favorite way to enjoy it is with a hot cup of coffee...simply wonderful!