Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from a late, dear friend. Delicious on their own, with sauce, or made into a meatloaf.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml chopped mushroom
- 1 large celery rib, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped green pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 295.73 ml milk
- 295.73 ml breadcrumbs
- 566.99 g ground beef
- 453.59 g bulk Italian sausage
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1.23 ml Tabasco sauce or 1.23 ml hot pepper sauce
- 1.23 ml sage
- 1.23 ml marjoram
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml minced fresh parsley
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- In small skillet, heat oil & saute veggies about 5 minute or until softened; remove from heat.
- In small bowl, mix milk and bread crumbs.
- In large bowl, mix beef, sausage and eggs until blended. Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, & spices, then milk/breadcrumb mixture, and combine thoroughly. Add sauteed vegetables and mix well.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, scoop out and form mixture into balls. Place on foil-lined baking pan and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time, until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Makes about 26 meatballs.