Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from a late, dear friend. Delicious on their own, with sauce, or made into a meatloaf.
Make and share this Mama Mike's Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 large celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In small skillet, heat oil & saute veggies about 5 minute or until softened; remove from heat.
- In small bowl, mix milk and bread crumbs.
- In large bowl, mix beef, sausage and eggs until blended. Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, & spices, then milk/breadcrumb mixture, and combine thoroughly. Add sauteed vegetables and mix well.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure, scoop out and form mixture into balls. Place on foil-lined baking pan and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time, until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Makes about 26 meatballs.