1/1 Photo of Mama Mia Mocha Cupcakes With Espresso Frosting
These delights reference NOT the BWay show...but a special treat for our Pasta Lunch at the base Dining Facility. I cheated with a box mix(spiked-up, but the frosting is from scratch. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (not pudding in mix)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 fluid ounce of strong espresso (1.5 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 1Cupcakes:preheat oven to 350.
- 2stir instant espresso into the espresso shot.
- 3in mixer bowl, oil, eggs, cake mix, and buttermilk.
- 4mix until moistened for 30 seconds or so.
- 5add espresso.
- 6beat on high until thickened and smooth a few minutes.
- 7fill lined muffin pans 2/3 full.
- 8bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- 9remove from pans and allow to cool completely before topping.
- 11add brewed espresso and ground espresso and vanilla to milk.
- 12beat butter in mixer with 1 cup confectioner's sugar.
- 13add coffee mixture.
- 14add the rest of the sugar until smooth, creamy--don't forget to scrape down your bowl, and don't whip at too high a speed for too long.
- 15decorate as desired!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama Mia Mocha Cupcakes With Espresso Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 198.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: