Recipe by LizAnn
Here's a delectable sauce that makes enough to eat and some to freeze.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This is a good sauce. I followed the ingredients exactly except I only put in 1 can of olives. I cooked on low in crock pot for 8 hrs. I could not taste the chocolate either. Made for Market Tag 2007
- 2 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) canslrg. black olives, sliced in thirds
- 1⁄3 cup ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mix with a little water to smooth consistency
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown meats with garlic and onion.
- When cooked through, pour in red wine.
- Meanwhile add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- Then spoon meat mixture into crock pot.
- Cook on high heat 4-6 hours or all day on low.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.
- You can also use it for lasagna. MMMM.