love artichokes !!! this is a very easy recipie anyone can make. everyone will think youre a genius !!!
- 1 baguette, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup seeded chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- flat leaf parsley, minced
- heat oven to 350.
- place sliced bread on ungreased baking sheet.
- bake in oven 10 minutes or until slightly toasted.
- in medium bowl combine artichokes tomatoes onion garlic.
- in another small bowl put in vinegar and add oil in a small stream whisking while adding to make a vinaigrette.
- then add vinaigrette to arichoke mixture mixing well.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- top toasted bread with artichoke mixture to cover.
- sprinkle with cheese.
- top with some parsley.
Very tastey! My Dave didn't care for it too much... I made him two pieces and he politely finished one piece but wouldn't touch the second. lol I love them. It tastes a lot like my favorite snack: a triscuit spread with a bit of homemade mayo, topped with half of a homegrown cherry tomato. I used French bread sliced diagonally and used a parm/romano blend. I love bruschetta with spaghetti dinners and this one made it very special for me. Thank you!
Fantastic bruschetta. I rubbed each toasted slice of baguette with a fresh garlic to increase the flavor punch, and otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Mmmm. Nice treat.
Excellent, excellent, excellent! I followed the recipe except that I used white wine vinegar instead of champagne vinegar (didn't have any.) I served this with chicken as a side dish, but it would be terrific as an appetizer, lunch or brunch dish. There was a lot of topping for each piece of toast and it was quite filling. I sliced the baguette diagonally, so there was more area to put the filling on. I love regular bruschetta, but the addition of the artichokes took this one step above! Thank you mrsortiz, I will definitely make this again!