Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was on a Bobby Flay Throwdown show. I usually get around 28 ping-pong ball sized meatballs out of this, use what I need, and freeze the rest (baked).
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 6 ounces dried breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces romano cheese, grated
- 3 ounces Spanish onions, grated
- 2 ounces fresh garlic, finely diced
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet or mini-muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in large bowl. If mixture seems a little loose, add more bread crumbs.
- Roll meatballs loosely about the size of a golf ball and place on baking sheet or in mini-muffin pans. I find that using the mini-muffin pans helps retain the round shape of the meatball.
- Place into preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. Add to your favorite sauce.
These are just as good as they looked on Bobby Flay's throwdown. I made a meatball sub out of them