Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of Buddha's mom's favored cake. Simple and easy to make.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix all cake ingredients well. Place into greased bundt cake pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool 5 minutes, then invert onto serving platter.
- Mix confectioners' sugar with lemon juice. Pour over cooled cake.
This was a very nice lemon pound cake - moist and delicious! I may add some cream cheese to the glaze the next time I make it, but overall an easy-to-make and tasty dessert!
I didn't have good results with the cake. It was dense and heavy and had an off taste. It could well have been my fault since I made it in haste and wasn't really paying attention. Chalk it up to chef error.....Janet