Mama Lulu's No Fail Pie Crust
- Add all ingredients except water in a bowl and mix by hand or with a pastry cutter. or in a mixer using a dough hook. Add cold water slowly. Do Not Overwork, dough will become tough. dough will have an almost flakey consistency.
- separate into two equal sized pieces. roll into balls and wrap in Saran Wrap. let cool in fridge.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- place in pie pan.
- add filling. (with some custard fillings pie crust should be blind baked at 450 degrees for about 12-15 minutes before adding the filling).
- bake at 450 degrees until crust is a gold brown.
- Yields crust for one 2-crust 9" pie. or two 1-crust 9" pies.