Mama Kircher's Pork Adobo...i Promise You Will Love This!!!
- ~Prepare the pork shoulder by cutting the meat and fat into cubes. Do not discard the fat, this helps give the adobo its flavor.
- ~Use a sauce pot or wok and place it on medium heat. Add the olive oil and crushed garlic. Allow the garlic to soften.
- ~Then add the meat, (1 pork shoulder should feed about 3 to 4 people).
- ~Once the meat has browned, add the vinegar, soy sauce and ginger. Then cover and allow this to simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- ~Then add the brown sugar and lower your heat. Allow this to cook covered for 10 more minutes.
- ~Lastly add the raisins and allow this to cook for 5 minutes.7.
- I recommend serving this over a bed of jasmine rice. I usually prepare 1 to 2 cups of rice for this dish. If you have a rice cooker, I suggest starting the rice after your 2nd step. Traditionally, most rice cookers depending on its size takes 20 to 30 minutes to finish. Allowing your rice to cook while you cook will allow both items to finish at the same time.