Recipe by Sharon123
For the one-year anniversary of their big move, the President and First Lady passed along this recipe: an old favorite, from the girls' godmother and family friend "Mama Kaye" Wilson. Enjoy! I haven't tried this, yet so posting here for safekeeping. :)
- 8 ounces baked salmon, flaked (or poached)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- peanut oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salmon, eggs, mashed potatoes, onion and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the flour to bind the mixture together.
- Form the mixture into golf-ball-size balls. Refrigerate 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Heat about 1 inch of peanut oil in a large straight-sided skillet until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees.
- Fry the croquettes, in batches, until crisp and golden on one side, 3 to 4 minutes, adjusting the heat as necessary. Turn and cook until golden on the other side, 1 to 2 more minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve and enjoy!