Recipe by Auntie Mags
A delicious and unusual way to serve boring old sweet potatoes. A taste of the islands!
Top Review by David S.
Loved this completely. Used red onions, fresh pineapple and a little more rosemary but otherwise as is. Combination is amazing, fresh and tangy. Great on its own but also served it in jerk chicken wraps with fresh salsa. Whole family loved it. I kept it in oven a little longer to get a few charred edges letting the pineapple and onion caramelise a little which I thought was a nice touch. Will definitely make again.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sweet onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium pineapple, cored and diced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes, onions, and pineapples into shallow rectangular roasting pan, ensuring that they make a single layer.
- Drizzle oil and balsamic vinegar over potato medley and toss until well coated.
- Sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper evenly and toss once more.
- Roast in preheated oven at 450 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes start to brown. Turn occasionally while cooking to brown evenly.