Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A delicious and unusual way to serve boring old sweet potatoes. A taste of the islands!
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sweet onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium pineapple, cored and diced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, chopped finely
- Place potatoes, onions, and pineapples into shallow rectangular roasting pan, ensuring that they make a single layer.
- Drizzle oil and balsamic vinegar over potato medley and toss until well coated.
- Sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper evenly and toss once more.
- Roast in preheated oven at 450 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes or until potatoes start to brown. Turn occasionally while cooking to brown evenly.
Loved this completely. Used red onions, fresh pineapple and a little more rosemary but otherwise as is. Combination is amazing, fresh and tangy. Great on its own but also served it in jerk chicken wraps with fresh salsa. Whole family loved it. I kept it in oven a little longer to get a few charred edges letting the pineapple and onion caramelise a little which I thought was a nice touch. Will definitely make again.
This was DELICIOUS! Wouldn't change a thing! It was just what I was looking for for my caribbean-themed fish dinner. Took me right back to the islands.
I loved this! I used a 20 ounce can of diced pineapple because I didn't have fresh available. I also used a red onion. The combination was wonderful! I love the sweetness of the pineapple with the sweet potato.