Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
My MIL got these from her student assistant years ago and we have been making them ever since! My husband and I fight over them when she would send them to us in a care package when we didn't make it home for the holidays. Now I make them as well and we still fight over them! I bake them on my baking stones which makes them softer. If using a metal cookie sheet they will be harder.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 small egg yolks (I use 1 large egg yolk) or 1 medium egg (I use 1 large egg yolk)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and blend into sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add extracts and blend well.
- Chill one hour.
- Roll out to thickness of half your little finger and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 400F for 8-10 until edges are golden.
These cookies are yummy. The taste is great. My made it with my son of 4 years old. He helped me roll the dough and cut it in hearts and rabbits. I cooked them 10 minutes for the first batch. But with 9 minutes it was better. Thanks cook from scratch :) Made for PAC Spring 2010