1/12 Photos of Mama Iuliucci's Famous Meat-A-Balls (Italian Meatballs)
Here it is, my mom's FAMOUS Meatball recipe! This is THEE most requested of her for anything, anywhere! Whenever there is a shower, birthday, christening, etc., someone is asking for 150 to 200 of her famous meatballs. :) Of course, she always says yes! She is not one for "exact" measurements (a little of this, a dash of that), so I tried the best I could to adapt her recipe. Of course, these are best served with My Mama Iuliucci's "Don't Skip a Step" Spaghetti Sauce My Mama Iuliucci's "Don't Skip a Step" Spaghetti Sauce, but I have used jazzed-up jarred sauce and they are still great. However, meat-a-balls like these deserve a homemade sauce, in my humble opinion!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 -10 slices white bread, broken into small 1/2 inch pieces (or you can use rolls or any stale bread you have and want to use up)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or Locatelli)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil (for frying) or vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl until well combined.
- 2Roll meatballs 1 1/2- 1 3/4" in diameter.
- 3Heat about 1/4" of oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- 4Fry meatballs in oil, rolling frequently, until evenly browned and juices run clear.
- 5Drop meatballs in your favorite sauce (I highly recommend My Mama Iuliucci's"Don't Skip a Step" Spaghetti Sauce My Mama Iuliucci's "Don't Skip a Step" Spaghetti Sauce) and let simmer for awhile to flavor sauce or just serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.
- 6Tip: You can also bake or broil these if the frying part is too much of a hassle-- I use my broiler pan if I bake them, so the fat drips down and away from the meatballs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama Iuliucci's Famous Meat-A-Balls (Italian Meatballs)
Serving Size: 1 (1242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 124.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: