For the cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
For the glaze
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for the cake and beat well.
- Pour into greased 9x13" pan and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- While cake is still hot, bring ingredients for the glaze to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Poke holes in the top of the cake every inch or so with a toothpick.
- Pour glaze over the top of the warm cake.