Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a variation of Mandarin Orange Cake that my friend's mother is famous for.
Make and share this Mama Foss's Mandarin Orange Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Combine all ingredients for the cake and beat well.
- Pour into greased 9x13" pan and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- While cake is still hot, bring ingredients for the glaze to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Poke holes in the top of the cake every inch or so with a toothpick.
- Pour glaze over the top of the warm cake.
This is a good recipe but I think 45 minutes was too long to bake, mine is pretty dark, but still tastes good. Thanks!
I had two cans of mandarin oranges in my pantry and was wondering what to do with it! So I found this lovely recipe from Lizzie and it tastes fantastic. It's very sweet but it pleases the sweet side of me :-) !!! The cake is very moist and it is very easy to prepare. *_*
This is a fabulous recipe! I got it years ago from a friend in Washington. It is a bit on the sweet side, but if you love SWEET, you'll find this fabulously moist and wonderful. It is more of a fall/winter recipe as opposed to the one from a cake mix with the cool whip, pineapple, instant pudding (also a 5*). Try it folks if you like moist/sweet!!