1/3 Photos of Mama D's Sweet Dragon’s Breath Stir Fry
Mama Delilah's Note:
This stir fry is sweet and as firey as you want to make it with Siracha sauce. This is using beef, but you could substitute chicken or shrimp if you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup tamari (or other high quality soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 lbs sirloin tip steaks, in thin slices, cut against the grain for optimum tenderness
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into medium sized wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into medium sized wedges
- 4 jalapenos or 4 serrano peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 large onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 celery ribs, cut on a bias
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons mongolian fire oil, divided (a chili and sesame oil mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- sriracha sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) can rice noodles
- hot cooked steamed rice
- 1Combine marinade ingredients. Place beef strips in resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over beef and mix around to coat evenly. Seal , then marinade in refrigerator for a minimum of two hours. For best results marinade over night.
- 2Remove meat from marinade. Discard whatever is left.
- 3Heat fire oil in wok. When oil is heated add beef and stir fry until meat is browned. This will not take long, 5-7 minutes.
- 4Remove beet from wok and set to the side.
- 5Add another 2 tablespoons fire oil to wok. Add garlic peppers, onion, carrot, celery, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and baby corn to wok and stir fry for about 10 minutes.
- 6Add beef into vegetables. Add stir fry sauce, reserving 3 ounces for later. Add brown sugar. Stir in well. Cook 10 more minutes.
- 7Combine reserved stir fry sauce, tamari, and cornstarch in bowl, mixing very well. Add to the stir fry stirring well to thicken sauce.
- 8Add sirachi sauce to taste.
- 9Add rice so serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle rice noodles over rice. Serve stir fry over rice and noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama D's Sweet Dragon’s Breath Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.7
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 113.6 mg
- Sodium 1701.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: