Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Don't let the name fool you.It's delicious.
Make and share this Mama Dip's " Mud Pie" recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups pecans or 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- With an electric mixer on medium speed,beat cake mix,water, oil and eggs for 2 minutes.
- Spray two 9-inch pie pans with non stick spray.
- Pour the cake batter in the pie pans.
- In a saucepan over medium low heat,melt margarine and cream cheese until blended.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.
- Add the nuts and coconut,stir well.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- The topping sinks to the middle while it bakes.