Hearty and zesty, this is my favorite pasta to make. It's a little bit of work, but comes out as stunning visually as it tastes. Definitely worth the effort. Enjoy!!!
- 1 (45 ounce) jar tomatoes, onion garlic sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained (or 8 ounces fresh mushrooms if preferred)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced divided in half
- 3 stalks celery, sliced thinly on a diagonal slant
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly on a diagonal slant
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into medium sized triangular chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium sized triangular chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into medium sized triangular chunks
- 8 jalapenos, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow onions, cut into medium sized triangular chunks
- 2 lbs fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and half the garlic to sauté pan, and sauté carrots and celery until carrots start to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Remove carrots and celery, and place in large stock pot
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and half the garlic to the sauté pan, and sauté bell peppers, jalapenos, zucchini, and onion, about 5-7 minutes. Remove and add to stock pot
- Add tomato, onion and garlic sauce, petite diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes to pot. Cook on medium until sauce becomes hot. Then, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until vegetables reach desired consistency.
- While sauce is simmering, prepare fettuccini according to package directions, then strain and return to pot.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil over fettuccini, while mixing it into the fettuccini using pasta fork. Continue to mix noodles while seasoning with garlic salt
- Serve primavera sauce over fettuccini, either family style or on individual plates
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan, chopped basil, parsley, and optional red pepper flakes.