Mama Daisy's Banana Pudding Recipe courtesy The Neelys Show: Down Home with the NeelysEpisode
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 3-quart heavy saucepan on low heat, add sugar, flour and salt. Pour in the evaporated milk and stir constantly. The mixture will thicken slowly, about 15 minutes.
- 2Lightly beat the egg yolks in a medium size bowl. Add a ladleful of the thickened milk mixture to the eggs and whisk, to temper the eggs. Add the egg mixture into the saucepan and continue to whisk and cook until incorporated, roughly 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and the vanilla extract. Place the pudding into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool in refrigerator for 2 1/2 hours.
- 4Into a large bowl or trifle dish, add a layer of vanilla wafers, a layer of sliced bananas, and top with pudding. Add the whipped cream and then repeat the layers. Garnish with crumbled cookies on top.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama Daisy's Banana Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.1
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 134.3 mg
- Sodium 285.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 71.5 g
- Protein 10.2 g