Recipe by Mama Delilah
I created this recipe two years ago, and have used it every time I make a turkey. It's a big hit with the family. The perfect combination of sweet and salty. Enjoy!!!
- 1 (14 ounce) bag herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 3⁄4 lb bacon
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 gala apples, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces golden raisins
- 4 cups turkey or 4 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauté pan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set to side on plate covered with paper towel. Pat off excess grease with paper towel. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in pan and discard the rest.
- Add celery, onion and apples to pan and sauté for about 10 minutes, or until celery begins to become tender. Remove from pan.
- Now that bacon is cool crumble into small bits.
- In large mixing bowl, combine stuffing cubes, crumbled bacon, celery onion, apples and golden raisins. Mix up well. Add turkey stock and mix so stuffing is evenly moistened.
- Stuffing is now ready to be stuffed into your chicken or turkey.
- If you prefer to bake separately, place stuffing into glass casserole and bake for 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees.