1/1 Photo of Mama D’s Holiday Stuffing
Mama Delilah's Note:
I created this recipe two years ago, and have used it every time I make a turkey. It's a big hit with the family. The perfect combination of sweet and salty. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In sauté pan, fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and set to side on plate covered with paper towel. Pat off excess grease with paper towel. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in pan and discard the rest.
- 2Add celery, onion and apples to pan and sauté for about 10 minutes, or until celery begins to become tender. Remove from pan.
- 3Now that bacon is cool crumble into small bits.
- 4In large mixing bowl, combine stuffing cubes, crumbled bacon, celery onion, apples and golden raisins. Mix up well. Add turkey stock and mix so stuffing is evenly moistened.
- 5Stuffing is now ready to be stuffed into your chicken or turkey.
- 6If you prefer to bake separately, place stuffing into glass casserole and bake for 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama D’s Holiday Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 1070.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: