Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
Use this for your morning pancakes, drizzle over cakes to keep the layers moist, mix with soda water (anything with bubbles) for a nutritious and inexpensive soda pop for the kids- you name it!
- 2 cups fruit (or use fruit juice that you have on hand)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (Fresh is best- this is optional but the syrup will keep longer if you add lemon juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the fruit in the water (if necessary) in a blender.
- Cook over medium heat until the mix thickens up.
- Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator- will keep for several weeks if it lasts that long!
- *Try using berries, cherries, pineapple, mango, papaya, bananas etc.