Recipe by Francille
My grandmother's delicious pound cake! This cake was sooo good, people would pay my grandmother to bake the cake for them for special events! She was the best cook in town. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour (Swans Down)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, butter, sugar.
- Add eggs (1 at a time).
- Sift cocoa, baking powder and flour all together.
- Add a portion of the dry ingredients alternating with milk until all have been added.
- Put in greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes at 325 degrees.