Recipe by Zipadedoda
This is a recipe my MIL always made especially for my DS. She mostly made blackberry pies because she knew how we loved them. After she made this, my 3 yr. old always ask for brownberry pie. I thought this would be good for anyone who couldn't have milk.
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups water
- 1 cooked 9 inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cocoa & flour in saucepan.
- Beat egg yolks & add water.
- Add to saucepan. Cook over med. heat til boiling, reduce heat, continue to cook, stirring constantly til thickened.
- Remove from heat & pour into baked pie crust. Use egg whites for meringue.
- 4 egg whites.
- 5-6 tab sugar.
- ½ tsp cream of tartar.
- Beat egg whites, as they start to thicken, gradually add sugar & cream of tartar. Beat til peaks form.
- Pour on pie & bake 10-12 min or until turning brown at 350º.