1/1 Photo of Mama Amanda's Black-Eyed Peas
2 hrs 10 mins
Yummy. Just basic recipe- nothing too fancy. But extremely good! My house smells so yummy when I fix these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take your bacon in a cast iron skillet and fry until crispy.
- 2You will have bits of crunchy goodness in bottom of pan.
- 3Take diced onion and cook in drippings until translucent.
- 4Add garlic and stir for just a moment or two.
- 5Pour in broth and de-glaze pan by scraping up all of the bacon yummies.
- 6Pour in Peas and stir together.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste and add garlic powder.
- 8Cover and let cook for about 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama Amanda's Black-Eyed Peas
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 1011.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g