Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rich, easy to make traybake. Kids and adults love the taste and it goes down well at school cake and candy stalls. I try to cut it into small portions as it is very rich and sweet.
- line a 8x8 square tin, or smaller, (your cake will be thicker thats all.)with cling, foil or baking parchment.
- Finely crush the biscuits.
- Place butter,syrup and chocolate in a pan and melt over a low heat, you may want to take it off the heat before the chocolate completely melts so the mixture doesn't get too hot for the maltesers later.
- Add the crushed biscuits and mix together well.
- Work quickly now and pour the mixture into the tin, smoothing out to make it an even thickness.
- Place the maltesers all over the top and press into the mix.
- Leave to cool before chilling and slicing.
- It also looks lovely if you drizzle melted white chocolate over the top.
I loved it, everyone did!<br/><br/>Extra ingredients -> After it was refrigerated, I covered the whole cake with nutella, added nuts on top and covered it with maltesers as seen on the picture (after this process put it again in the fridge)<br/><br/>Suggestion - > Take it out of the fridge for about 15 minutes before serving so it will be easier to cut. When cutting it, try to cut it in thin slices as it is too sweet and will result not eat it all....after all... its will be more of satisfaction to hear "cut another slice for me!" ;)
Oh my word! This is such a delicious, decadent treat. Really easy to make too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I've seen this in teashops when I've gone home but never tried it, no sweet tooth. When I saw the recipe, I thought of my daughters boyfriends and thought, why not! Exceptionally easy to prepare and deeelllicious!!! Even I've been nibbling!!! Happily we get all the right ingredients here, becuase I can see this will be a regular ... once the family had tried it, it was clear that not much was going to be given away to friends! Thanks, Frugal Fifer, a whole pile of converts here :) We are considering making them in heart-shaped cupcake tins, with Valentines coming up ...sounds like fun!~ This recipe was made for Alphabet tag game.