1/6 Photos of Malteser Tray Bake
Frugal Fifer's Note:
Rich, easy to make traybake. Kids and adults love the taste and it goes down well at school cake and candy stalls. I try to cut it into small portions as it is very rich and sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1line a 8x8 square tin, or smaller, (your cake will be thicker thats all.)with cling, foil or baking parchment.
- 2Finely crush the biscuits.
- 3Place butter,syrup and chocolate in a pan and melt over a low heat, you may want to take it off the heat before the chocolate completely melts so the mixture doesn't get too hot for the maltesers later.
- 4Add the crushed biscuits and mix together well.
- 5Work quickly now and pour the mixture into the tin, smoothing out to make it an even thickness.
- 6Place the maltesers all over the top and press into the mix.
- 7Leave to cool before chilling and slicing.
- 8It also looks lovely if you drizzle melted white chocolate over the top.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malteser Tray Bake
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.3
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 120.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: