Rich, easy to make traybake. Kids and adults love the taste and it goes down well at school cake and candy stalls. I try to cut it into small portions as it is very rich and sweet.
- line a 8x8 square tin, or smaller, (your cake will be thicker thats all.)with cling, foil or baking parchment.
- Finely crush the biscuits.
- Place butter,syrup and chocolate in a pan and melt over a low heat, you may want to take it off the heat before the chocolate completely melts so the mixture doesn't get too hot for the maltesers later.
- Add the crushed biscuits and mix together well.
- Work quickly now and pour the mixture into the tin, smoothing out to make it an even thickness.
- Place the maltesers all over the top and press into the mix.
- Leave to cool before chilling and slicing.
- It also looks lovely if you drizzle melted white chocolate over the top.