Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from a recipe by Edith Bowman on BBC radio 1. Relatively cheap and VERY EASY to make. Delicious too :) Keep refrigerated after it is made. I turned these into Easter cakes this year by spooning the mixture into cake cases and sticking a mini chocolate egg in the centre of each one :)
- 160 g digestive biscuits
- 160 g Maltesers (or 'Whoppers' for US people)
- 200 g dark cooking chocolate
- 80 g margarine
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- Melt the chocolate, margarine and syrup together in a large bowl.
- While melting, crush the digestives and maltesers.
- Add the crushed digestives and maltesers to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Either: Spread into a lined cake tin then cut into squares once refrigerated, or spoon into cake cases and refrigerate for a few hours.
I wanted to make this but couldn't find it, thanks for posting! We made it with the Brownies and they loved it. We let them bring in extra things to add so some had marshmallows, some had sprinkles for the top, some had white chocolate chips etc, one paor even had Haribo! It turned out really well and was lots of fun, thanks again!