Recipe by Templar
I pieced this recipe together from an old cookbook and half-remembered flavours.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Very simple to prepare and tasty. I used fresh garlic instead of the instant; otherwise I followed the directions closely. While the potatoes were very good right after coming out of the oven (probably a 4-star recipe), they got way better as they sat. The leftovers were so great! Thanks for sharing the recipe; I'll be making this again.
- 4 baking potatoes
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F., mix your spices, lay out four pieces of aluminum foil, and chop your onion.
- Split your potatoes lengthwise into quarters, place on the foil and paint each non-skin side with olive oil.
- Sprinkle your spice mixture generously over the spuds, making sure each non-skin side is generously covered in the mix.
- Pile the chopped onion on the potatoes.
- Reassemble the spuds and wrap tightly in the foil.
- Place on bottom rack of oven and bake for one hour.