Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a Better Homes and Gardens recipe magazine. These sound absolutely wonderful!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate instant malted milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons chocolate instant malted milk powder
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In bowl, combine the 1 1/4 cups flour, brown sugar, and butter until smooth. If necessary, gently knead to combined.
- Press onto bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, beat eggs, granulated sugar, and 2 t. vanilla until combined.
- Stir in coconut, the 1/4 cup malted milk powder, the 1/4 cup flour, 1 1/2 t. espresso powder, the baking powder, and salt.
- Spread over baked layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar, 3 T. malted milk powder, boiling water, the remaining 2 t. vanilla, and the remaining 1/2 t. espresso powder. If necessary, stir in enough additional boiling water to make an icing of spreading consistency. Spread over cookies. Cut into bars.